Sunday, April 8, 2012

Monique Lhuillier Bride

My ultimate Barbie fantasy came true in June 2010 when Mum and I decided to head to Camberwell Sunday Market. It started to rain when we were on our way by tram, but continued to the market anyway where we huddled under an umbrella. From a distance, I spotted boxes that made me gasp! The boxes were a little grubby and wet, and the plastic covers were missing, but the dolls were in excellent condition (albeit a little wet) and not removed from their boxes!






















 

I had my eye on the Monique Lhuillier which the seller wanted A$50 for, or A$75 for two dolls if I wanted the Badgley Mischka as well. I remained stoic and tried to look uninterested, but I was jumping out of my skin with excitement! I didn't even try to bring the price down because I had found an absolute bargain! I couldn't wait to take the dolls home so I could clean them as they were a bit dusty. I couldn't believe my luck and was overjoyed. The Barbies now have a new home with an owner who will cherish them and never leave them out in the rain!





















 


Barbie's skin tone, kind brown eyes and serene face are beautiful. I adore her off-white lace bodice above a 9 layered tulle A-line skirt. A sable coloured satin sash with rhinestone floral brooch accents the waist with the ends of the sash decorated with faux pearls and tiny silver sequins. I love her open toe heels decorated with rhinestones as well as her lace garter gathered with a blue ribbon. The details are superb and the Barbie is elegant and very much a bride despite not wearing a veil or holding a bouquet.



Release date: 1 June 2006
Label: Gold
Number of units: no more than 8,500 worldwide
Mattel price: US$109.95
Ebay price as at April 2012: US$250 - US$300

No comments:

Post a Comment