Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Winter Concert

I bought this Barbie back in August 2002 at a stop over in Singapore Airport and struggled to get it back home without denting the box! Oh the lengths I use to go through as I was so particular about the condition of the box... I'm a little less precious about them these days!

I don't have many dolls dressed in red which is a shame because this Winter Concert Barbie looks fabulous in the colour (though I must admit, Barbie looks fabulous in every colour!) This Barbie just oozes elegance, and her red velvet opera coat lined with a red and black jacquard print is luscious and dynamic.




Barbie's blonde hair is perfectly coiffed and her ruby dangling earrings are intricately detailed. Underneath her coat she wears a red strapless satin flared mermaid skirt gown with a red jewel in a gold setting sewed high on her waist. She wears black high heels with a bow imprint.


Release date: 1 July 2002
Label: Limited Edition
Mattel price: US$79
Ebay price as at April 2012: US$50 - US$120

No comments:

Post a Comment