Thursday, June 7, 2012

In the Pink


I bought this In the Pink Barbie as a graduation present to myself in September 2002 after I completed my Masters. I had seen it during my trip to Singapore in 2000, but the price tag was way out of my range! Designed by Robert Best, this Barbie is exquisite and breathtakingly beautiful.


This Silktone Barbie has chin length curled hair with a nostalgic face sculpting. My only criticism of the doll is the severe hairline which makes her forehead blockish! Her pale pink taffeta and organza gown consists of layers of fine tulle adorned with hand beaded pink and clear Swarovski crystal beads and sequins. Barbie's bodice is also adorned with beads and accented with a bow around her waist. She wears a pale pink layered tulle petticoat, sheer pantyhose and strapped high heels. You can see her painted finger nails beneath her elbow length gloves and she carries a satin clutch. Her tulle stole makes this Barbie even more dramatic.


Release date: 2000
Mattel price: US$240
Label: Limited Edition
Ebay price as at June 2012: US$250 - US$500

No comments:

Post a Comment