Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Between Takes


Between Takes Barbie reminds me of Rita Hayworth, and the doll is reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour. Her thick auburn wavy hair that falls past her shoulders is one I've tried to emulate many times (though I can never get it that full and luscious) and she has a full deep red pout and a beauty spot beneath her left eye. Barbie wears pearl tear-drop earrings, necklace with a gold pendant (which is attached to her dress) and bracelet.


Although I like the pale aqua charmeuse and chiffon negligee gown, I would have preferred the fabrics to be of better quality. The dress has a mermaid skirt with charmeuse and chiffon panels which flares and drapes beautifully, along with a long attached train and a matching pale aqua marabou stole.


Release date: 1 January 2000
Label: Collector Edition
Mattel price: US$49.98
Ebay price as at May 2012: US$35 - US$100

3 comments:

  1. The dress worn by this doll is from the movie "Cover Girl".

    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SL-HeN7WCFU/TfPE1K7C95I/AAAAAAAAAVU/C5uVYk7-F_8/s1600/cover-girl-rita-hayworth.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renata - Many thanks for reading my blog! Thanks for the link to Rita Hayworth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you saw it! How nice. I'm a great Rita Hayworth fan, too. Hugs from Brazil.

      Delete