Thursday, May 3, 2012

Carolina Herrera Bride

Although I have deboxed most of my dolls, I have run out of space so some of my collection are stilled boxed. This Carolina Herrera Bride is truly breathtaking - just look at her! This was another purchase that almost broke the bank at the Barbie Extravaganza in 2005 as the prices in Australia are higher due to the currency exchange (not as strong as it is now compared to the US) and seller mark up. So ouch! for this purchase but it is well worth it. There was also a brunette Platinum Collection version exclusive to FAO Schwarz.


Barbie's highlighted hair is in an elegant chignon and has soft makeup which makes her look serene. Her multi-layered tulle veil is edged with lace, and she carries a small bouquet of white roses and wears a diamond ring on her french tip nails. Her dress is made of a beautiful ecru corded lace lightly sprinkled with beads and sequins, and the bodice is crisscrossed with satin-edged organza ribbon. It looks like there are bows behind the dress and I'm sure the dress has a lovely train. According to Mattel, the veil is embellished with pearls but I can't see any on my doll, and since this doll is still boxed, I can't see her shoes which is apparently decorated with blue ribbons.


I am so tempted to deboxed this doll...perhaps I need another display cabinet or a dream display that looks like this?!


Release date: 1 July 2005
Label: Gold
Mattel price: US$139.95

Ebay price as at May 2012: US$250 - US$290

4 comments:

  1. This girl is the darling of my collection! Exquisite face paint, possibly the most beautiful I ever seen! I don't know if you noticed it, but this girl never took an ugly picture. She loves the camera and the camera loves her! If you ever decide to debox her, you will find out her dress is simply heavenly...she has an elegant train at the back and her shoes are just cute! Here's a link to another blog I always visited, it's the CH deboxed. You can enjoy the spectacle while keeping your doll intact. I know I'm keeping my doll nrfb, LOL!
    http://barbie-esque.blogspot.com/search?q=carolina+herrera
    I suggest you get the other brides too, particularly the Reem Acra. That one is just dramatic! My second favorite after this one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie is very photogenic and looks beautiful at every angle. She is also very cooperative because she never complains when I pose her this way and that!

      Thank you for the barbie-esque link - she is SO beautiful out of the box. Oh her shoes, the train, every tiny detail!

      Not to self - win the lottery so I can have a Barbie room :)

      Delete
    2. Hi there, can't believe it's been that long since I posted at this blog! Any new dolls lately? Btw, I just got myself the Platinum Label version of this doll for my birthday last september, together with another Platinum girl the Judith Leiber. The CH is beautiful with dark hair! I really hope I can follow you over Facebook. I'm Paul Barbietemptation if you ever look for me. Just love to get in touch with someone with a passion for Barbie as I do! Hope to hear from you again!

      Delete
    3. Hi Paul, so lovely to hear from you! I've just followed you on Facebook so looking forward to your updates. I've been so busy and been meaning to update this blog for ages ~ I was even thinking of taking new photos of Barbie so it's definitely on the to do list (one day). Not that many new Barbies for me except for Sabrina, Cocktail Dress and a vintage 1982 Dream Date Barbie (NRFB but I'm so tempting to de-box her)! The Coach and Gala Gown Barbies have been on my wish list for a little while - what do you think of them? I don't know any other Barbie lovers so it's fantastic that we've connected again :)

      Delete