Friday, May 11, 2012

Glinda The Good Witch, Wizard of Oz


I remember way back in the 1980s (yes way back then) when Mum and I watched The Wizard of Oz for the first time. I was in awe when Glinda the Good Witch appeared on screen wearing a huge pink gown, and I've loved tulle ever since (check out the dress I bought). When I saw this Glinda The Good Witch Barbie I just had to have it so Dad bought it for me which is the second doll in my collection.

Mattel has released a few Wizard of Oz sets and I have been disappointed with each released because there are so many other films left to do! As at May 2012, there have been three Glindas, but I still think this first one is the best.

Barbie has shoulder length strawberry blonde hair, rooted eyelashes with green eyes and an open mouth smile. She wears a clear glittered crown lined with sequins and adorned with a silver starburst, and a silver butterfly choker around her neck. Her dress has a billowing tulle skirt with hand sewn silver stars and beads. The tulle puff sleeves have silver butterfly embellishment sewn on the cuffs. Barbie wears clear glittered high heels and carries magic magic wand.

Release date: 1 January 1996
Label: Collector Edition
Ebay price as at May 2012: US$45 - US$110

No comments:

Post a Comment