Thursday, May 10, 2012

On Location: South Beach

I think this South Beach Best Models Barbie is gorgeous and I really like her! I had to buy another Barbie (a nude Pretty in Pleats Silktone Barbie from Ebay) so I could display the blue dress. She is the first Barbie in the Best Models Collection and uses the Model Muse body sculpt like Daria Celebutante. 


Barbie’s has bouncy, effort-less looking hair (I've tried to recreate this with my hair, believe me, it require lots of effort) tied with a printed orange scarf. She wears big gold hoop earrings, a white one-piece (not that there is much of a “piece”) swimsuit and white stiletto heels with ribbon crisscrossing around her ankles.


I display her wearing the orange kaftan with blue beads and and gold sequins on the neckline, sleeves and hemline, and frayed boot leg jeans with two pockets on the front. She carries an over-sized brown suede bag and chic looking sunglasses, and the outfit comes with orange ankle length boots.


I like the simple blue dress which is lined with silver sequins and I wonder how it would look on the South Beach Barbie rather than the demure Silktone. She carries a matching blue bag with a chain strap and wears blue open toed high heels. This is a Pink Label Barbie and the quality and detail is fantastic.


I was too slow to snap up Monte Carlo set at a Barbie Extravaganza and was disappointed when a male buyer took off with Barbie!



Release date: 10 July 2006
Label: Pink
Mattel price: US$34.95
Ebay price as at May 2012: US$70 - US$100

No comments:

Post a Comment